The Airdrie & District Agricultural Society is looking for a talented individual to chair our Fall Fair Committee starting in 2017. This could be you!
What is involved
- Organize, reserve office space and chair committee meetings
- Typically one two hour meeting every two months
- Work with existing vendors to book location, lunch, tables and chairs, as well as ribbons and trophies
- Organize existing supplies, such as table cloths
- Secure volunteers for the weekend - many will be experienced volunteers, but new volunteers may also be required
- Provide short training session to clarify roles and responsibilities
- Work with ADAS treasurer regarding funds for prizes; organize prizes for special awards
- Plan and maintain budget in concert with committee members; obtain executive approval
- Prepare reports for director's meetings and for AGM
- Work with Communication Committee on advertising and event communication requirements
- Other duties as needed
How you would be supported
This is a great opportunity for a motivated volunteer, but never fear - you would have the support of committee members and the ADAS community as a whole!