This event is all about seeing how a working ranch operates. Spectators see firsthand the cattle handling skills used by local area ranchers and farmers. The events that make up this competition are: simulated branding, team sorting, team penning, simulated doctoring and trailer loading of cattle and for the kids a calf scramble. Food and beverages will be available for purchase.
Date: July 22, 2017
Time: Paricipant check-in will be at 10:00 a.m. The event will take place from 12:00 - 4:30 p.m.
Location: Rodeo grounds (6.5 km west of Airdrie on Hwy 567).
- 2017 Competitor Invitation Letter
- 2017 Event Flyer
- 2017 Ranch Hand Competition Poster
- 2017 Ranch Hand Competition Registration Form
- 2017 Ranch Hand Competition Rules
- 2017 Ranch Hand Competition Waiver and Release
Photos of our 2016 Ranch Hand Competition:
Photo credit: Marlene Pollock